Masala oats with vegetables- super yummy and healthy !!!
Looking for some new Sunday breakfast but healthy recipes? You have come at correct place 🙂
We all are very well aware of oatmeal. In fact internet is full of oat meal recipes with water, milk or non dairy milk. No matter how you eat , oats are always considered as healthy breakfast recipe.
All oatmeal recipes are generally sweet. However, this recipe is savory and spicy. Masala oats are wonderful variation to oatmeal and can be eaten any time of the day as a full meal. It is loaded with many vegetables and they enhance the flavor and nutrient value of this dish.
This recipe is also super healthy for kids and can be given to them any time after age of 7 months.
Lets come to the recipe:
Serves : 2 kids or 1 adult Prep time: 10 min Cook time : 15 min
1/4 cup rolled oats/ quick oats 2 tsp olive oil 1/4 onion finely chopped 1 clove of garlic 1/2 tsp grated ginger (optional) 1/2 tomato chopped 1/2 carrot - grated 1 floret broccoli - grated (not full broccoli) 4-5 green beans grated/chopped spinach - finely chopped (I used chopped frozen) 1.5 cup warm water 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 tsp garam masala (see notes) 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take a pan, add olive oil and warm it on medium flame.
- Now add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add chopped ginger , garlic and onions. Fry them till they change color.
- Add tomatoes and salt, turmeric and garam masala.
- Fry them till tomatoes are mushy now add all vegetables and fry for 1 minute.
- Add rolled oats and fry for few seconds
- Add warm water and cover it and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between as oats settles at the bottom and can stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oats are cooked they will look like mixed gravy , no settling at the bottom at all.
- Serve warm and fresh and enjoy your day 🙂
- Any vegetable can be used in this recipe as per your liking.
- you can also chop vegetable instead of grating them./ I grate vegetables so that my toddler can not pick it.
- I use homemade garam msala. Super market garam masala has too much cinnamon. If you smell too much cinnamon. please add coriander powder as well
This is really a must try recipe. Please try it and share your views so that it gives me motivation to share more healthy recipes with you. Happy cooking !!!