Wholewheat oats banana mug muffin.
My another variation to usual mug muffin is here in front of you. This super healthy mug muffin has no refined sugar and no refined flour. It is super quick to make so all in all, this is a worth trying recipe for all ages. And above all super yum!!
The texture of the muffin is little different from wheat flour/ cake flour but there is no harm to compromise texture when you get so many healthy ingredients in a cup.
The portion size is perfect for kids and those who are watching portion size. This is a healthy recipe for lunch box and breakfast.
Here is the recipe:
3 tbsp whole wheat flour 3 tbsp Milk/Non dairy Milk 1/4 cup mashed ripen banana 1.5 tbsp of rolled oats/quick oats 1 tsp peanut butter 1 tbsp date syrup/maple syrup / honey 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tsp baking powder pinch of salt
- Take a microwavable cup. Add wholewheat flour, baking powder, salt and rolled oats. Whisk them
- Add milk, oil, mashed banana, date syrup and peanut butter
- Mix them well and microwave on High for 1 min 20 second.
- Serve them fresh with topping of choice or as is.
- The amount of date syrup can be adjusted as per taste.
- Almond and other crushed nuts can also be used as per choice.
Please try this quick recipe and share your ideas and feedback. Happy cooking!!!