Whole wheat vanilla choco chip Mug cake
Do you ever feel that you want to eat cake but worried about portion control and thinking that a big cake will force you to eat cake for so many days? Are you worried about eating processed flour or not willing to give it to your kids? Have you ever faced the problem when you ran out of your stock of muffins and want to have a quick healthy breakfast? Then this recipe is certainly for you.
This super quick and healthy recipe is certainly a perfect choice over a market bought cakes.
The mug cake can be made in 1 minute with a 1 minute of preparation time and hence it is a hit dish when you have a lack of time or lazy enough to spend an hour to bake a generous amount of cake.
Other best thing is that you can keep the batter in fridge in morning and bake it in evening. All you have to do is take out the mug out of fridge and microwave it.
Last but not the least, you can bake different varieties of mug cakes at same time as per their taste and serve your family and surprise them.
So here is the recipe
4 tbsp whole wheat flour /roti flour/atta (can also use regular flour) 4 tbsp Milk (or non dairy milk for vegan) 1/4 tsp vanilla extract/flavor 1 tbsp sugar/date syrup/honey or as per taste 1-1/2 tbsp oil(any oil of your choice) 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp choco chips
- whisk flour, sugar and baking powder in a microwavable cup.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Microwave High for 1 min or 1 min 10 seconds.
- Serve fresh with cream or other icing of choice and may top it with date syrup or chocolate syrup if want to eat something fancy.
- Regular cake flour can be used
- Can add sprinkle instead of choco chips
- Can add different flavor of choice instead of vanilla.
let me know if you tried this recipe. I would love to hear your reviews on this. Happy cooking!!!