Are you a green beans hater? Do you find beans so boring and bland? Then certainly this recipe is for you. I never knew that beans could be so interesting before I ordered Asian beans in an Asian restaurant. This has changed my view to look at beans. We all know that beans are full of protein, folates and other essential nutrients and must be eaten by everyone.
This is also a must try recipe for those who find it challenging to give beans to their kids. I bet kids would love this. And you will relax a bit to feed them a green vegetable. I find it challenging with my fussy toddler but my toddler finished her tray within no time. So a win – win recipe!!
You can eat this as a side dish with any Asian flavour or as a snack when you are hungry and looking for something not unhealthy.
This recipe :
Serves : 2 Main dish or 4 side dish. Prep : 10-15 minutes Cook time : 15 minutes
500 gm Frozen whole beans (Can use fresh as well) 1 tbsp Olive oil 1 tsp sesame oil 2 tsp sesame seeds (toasted/ dry roasted in pan) 1 tsp Con flour 3 tsp water ½ tsp salt or as per taste 1-2 tsp soya sauce 1-2 tsp white vinegar ½ tsp Sugar ½ tsp black pepper (optional) 1 tsp Crushed garlic
Method: The process involves two major steps. One is to cook sauce and other is to cook beans and at last mixing up both. Sounds like loads of work? But no , it is very simple.
- Take a wok. Add olive oil. Put them on high heat. Once oil is heated add frozen beans straight from freezer. No need to wash or thaw.
- Stir fry beans till they start browning. Take them out in bowl.
- Take a wok, add sesame oil to that. Once heated, add crushed garlic and fry till brown.
- Add soya sauce and white vinegar and 2-3 tsp of water.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Now take corn flour in separate bowl and add water to make a thin paste
- Add corn flour paste to the wok and make a thick sauce.
- Once the sauce is thick, add stir fried beans and mix well.
- Off the flame and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve them as a side or as a snack.
- Soya sauce and vinegar can be adjusted as per taste and quantity.
- Sesame seeds should be roasted in a pan till light brown.
Try this yum recipe and leave your feedback here. happy cooking !!