Jacket roasted potato – in microwave
If you want to have a quick energy snack for you or looking for evening snack /meal for kids or craving for roasted potatoes, this is a best thing to try.
Generally potatoes for jacket potato recipes are roasted in oven for 30 – 45 minutes. But microwave recipe is done in 5- 10 minutes depending upon quantity of potatoes. The potatoes are known to be great source of carbohydrates and are very filling snack option for everyone especially for energetic kids. Almost all kids love potatoes. So this is a must try recipe.
This is healthy choice as compared to fries that are processed so much and loaded with generous amount of oil. The best thing with Jacket potato is that you can fill them with any topping of your choice. I am using cottage cheese and natural cheese in this recipe because my toddler love this way. I generally serve this with baked beans, fried asparagus and crumbled broccoli.
Serves: 1 potato.
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time 5-7 min in microwave
1 large Red potato ( or any variety)
1 tsp oil
¼ tsp Salt (or as per taste)
Pinch of black pepper
Herb of choice (mixed herb/oregano/dried mint/dried coriander/dried parsley)
1 tsp of crumble Cottage cheese
Cheese of your choice (cheese slice/stock/edam/cheddar/natural)
1-2 tsp of butter
Garlic powder (optional)
- Wash the potato to remove any dirt particle.
- Now dry it wit help of paper towel. Once dried poke/prick the potato randomly with help of fork/ knife
- Rub the oil on potato on all sides.
- Keep a layer of paper towel on microwave plate and place oil rubbed potato on it.
now take 2-3 paper towels and wet them with water. And place wet towel on top of potato to cover the potato.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes.
- Check if the potato is soft. You can use knife to check it. if it is done then change side and microwave it for 1 -2 minutes. If poato os still hard, flip the side and microwave it for 2-3 minutes. Re wet the towel to cover the potato for second round.
Topping Method :
1.Slice the potato in a length. Do not separate the potato in two halves. Place a cut so that you can put a fork inside to scoop the flesh. It should look like a crumble. Do not scoop out the potato flesh.
2. Fill butter , cottage cheese and grated cheese inside the potato
3. sprinkle salt, herbs , pepper on top.
4. Serve warm and eat whole potato with skin.
Try this recipe and share your ideas and feedback. Happy cooking!!