Mix Veg Parantha
Every now and then , we have a trouble feeding vegetables to our kids. This recipe is super tasty and super healthy way to offer hidden vegetables to kids. Apart from kids, adults love this vegetable parantha and it tastes amazing with butter , curd , pickle or any curry. This goes very well in picnic basket and lunch box too. It is definitely a better choice as compared to bread, naan or plain roti or wrap.
Prep time: 15-20 min
Dough making : 10 min
Parantha making : 5 min
The quantity make : 15 parantha
2-1/2cups whole wheat flour / Atta
1 medium potato – raw grated
1 cup grated broccoli
1 cup spinach- raw / frozen(thawed)
1 cup grated carrot
water as required
2 tsp of sesame seeds
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of red chilli or as per your taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp of cumin powder
1 tbsp. of oil of your choice
oil for frying
Making a dough :
- take a flour in a dish.
- add all spices as mentioned in ingredient list.
- add oil and mix it well with hand.
- Add all vegetables listed above. Can also add more crushed/grated vegetables of your choice.
- Mix it thoroughly and kneed a soft dough with water.
- Once dough is formed, keep it for rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, knead the dough after few seconds and the dough is ready. You can kneed the dough in advance and keep it in fridge. It remains good in fridge for a week.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it with rolling pin. Dust the whole wheat flour as required.
- Now apply some vegetable oil in the middle of the rolled roti.
- fold in sides one by one till it makes a square.
- Now roll it again in square shape. Can also roll in triangle shape. it really doesn’t matter.
- Now heat the tawa/flat pan/griddle. and make a parantha.
Cook parantha on flat pan:
- Put raw parantha on heated flat pan. Once upper side changes colour slightly. flip the side.
- now add 1 tsp of oil and spread it on parantha. Flip the side
- Add oil to another side and roast it till cooked.
Serve the fresh warm parantha with pickle, curd or butter and enjoy. Share your feedback. Happy cooking.