Mint Peas are full of nutrients and flavour. They taste amazing when cooked with white rice. The peas rice is definitely better option than plain white rice.This healthy dish is perfect for picnic and lunch boxes.
Prep time : 5 min
Cook time : 15 – 20 min
1 .5 cup uncooked white rice
1 cup mint peas or plain green peas
1 sliced onion
1tsp cumin seeds
4-5 black pepper corns
1 tsp salt
1tsp garam masala ( optional)
3 cups of water
2 tsp of oil
1. Wash and soak rice as per packet instruction.
2. Take a pan. Add oil. When oil is warm. Add clove, cardamom, black pepper.
3. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds splutter, add onions and fry well
4. When onions change colour, add Peas, salt , garam masala and fry for a minute.
5. Add water and let the water come to near boiling point.
6. Now add rice and Mix well.
7. Now cover with lid and let it cook on medium heat for 20.min.
8. After 20.minutes check whether rice has soaked all water.
9. Switch off the flame and let it sit for few minutes.
10. Serve with curd, Raita or curry of your choice.
11. For kids lunch box, add butter, Mix well and pack it.
Please try this rice recipe and share your feedback . Happy cooking.