Spinach- ginger Rice
Spinach Rice is very healthy and yummy variation of plain rice. This is wonderful recipe option for lunch box. Full of spinach gives flavour , nice green colour and plenty of nutrients to rice. This is a quick recipe and if you are using frozen spinach then doesn’t have much prep time. Ginger gives a distinct flavour to this recipe. If you or your kid doesn’t like ginger , the quantity can be varied according to taste.
Cook : serves 2 cups of rice
Prep time : 5-7 minutes
cook time 10-15 minutes
1 cup white rice
2 cups of water / vegetable stock
3-4 small cubes of frozen spinach (1/2-3/4 cup of spinach)
1-2 tsp of ginger- grated
1/4 tsp of lemon juice
2 tsp of onion – finely chopped(optional)
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
2 tsp of Oil
1/2 tsp salt
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes or as per packet instructions
- Take a pan. Add oil. when oil is warm. Add cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds starts splutter, add onion and ginger. Fry for 10-20 seconds
- Now add spinach. I thawed the cubes in microwave before adding. Also add salt at this stage. Fry for few seconds
- Now add rice. 2 cups of water or stock and lemon juice.
- Once water comes to boil. low the flame and cover it and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Once all water is absorbed, serve them or pack them in lunch box and enjoy 🙂
Please Like follow and share, I am waiting for your feedback on spinach rice.
Happy cooking !!!