Macaroni Pasta in red sauce and vegetables for toddlers/kids
My another toddler recipe! Macaroni pasta is made of semolina and widely available in market . Most of the macaroni pasta are enriched in protein. This pasta is generally thinner than rest of other varieties and hence is easily chew-able food for young kids , babies or toddlers.
This recipe has grated/ finely chopped vegetables which easily hide under pasta and red sauce. Because this is my another quick recipe that is why I have used canned pasta sauce instead of making the sauce from scratch. If pasta sauce is not handy. Use minced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and mixed herbs instead.
This recipe :
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 5- 7 minutes
makes 2 cups of cooked Pasta.
1 cup Macaroni Pasta
1/2 thin Carrot grated or chopped in chopper
2 small cubes of frozen spinach (fresh spinach can be used – finely chopped)
1 grated floret of broccoli
1/4 onion – finely chopped
1 clove of garlic- finely chopped
4-5 tsp full of pasta sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
red chili (as per taste)
black pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
pinch of oregano herb
1 tsp tomato sauce (optional)
Boil Pasta(tips ):
- Boil 3 cups of water with 3 heaped tsp of salt.
- Once water comes to boil, add pasta and let it boil till it is soft but still firm.
- Do not add any oil to water.
- Once the pasta is easily sliced with knife, drain the water
- Do not run under cold water to wash the salt.
- The salt inside the pasta cylindrical pipes helps flavors to mix up with pasta.
- Take pan, add olive oil or any oil of your choice.
- Once oil is warm, add garlic and onion. Fry till translucent. the onion shouldn’t change the color.
- Now add pasta sauce. And fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Once oil is separated from sauce, add salt, chili and black pepper. Fry for less than a minute.
- Add chopped carrot, broccoli and frozen spinach.
- fry for 1 minutes. The vegetables will cook very quickly.
- Add pasta and mix well
- Now add herbs and if needed add tomato sauce to give sweetness to pasta
- Pasta is ready to serve and pack in lunch box. Sweet corns and peas can also be added in this recipe.
Please try this recipe and give me your feedback. This pasta is good from 9 months old babies and onward. However, this is also loved by all adults 🙂