Potatoes can be boiled in many ways. You can use pressure cooker, pan or microwave. I prefer microwave because of following reasons:
- This is quicker method as compare to boiling in pan on cooktop.
- No utensils required so no washing later on.
- No peeling and dicing of potatoes required.
- Dry potatoes as no water is used.
This method :
boil : 4 medium size potatoes
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 7-10 min
4 medium size potatoes
1 plastic carry bag/vegetable bag /polythene bag
- Wash potatoes
- Put them in plastic bag/polythene bag and tie a tight knot to seal the potatoes
- put the bag in microwave. Microwave them for 5 min on High. Take them out and check and microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft. Take them out of bag and wash them under cold water. They are ready to use.
- Microwave time depends upon size of potatoes, and temperature of microwave.
- If you do not want to use poly bag. Then you can poke the potatoes and keep directly on microwave plate.
- Microwave bag is extremely hot and all care should be taken while touching the bag.