Chickpea spinach potato curry
Here is my another vegan recipe! Full of iron and protein, this recipe will surely win heart of everyone. Chickpeas are well known as ‘complete’ protein that means the protein is thoroughly absorbed in body and make them excellent choice among vegans and vegetarians.Chickpeas are not only good source of protein but also excellent source of iron.
Apart from chickpeas, potatoes and spinach in this curry give excellent taste and full of nutrition.
This curry takes very less time to cook. Therefore, when you want to cook something quick and healthy, this curry is perfect choice.
This curry goes well with white rice, Brown rice, quinoa, roti and naan.
This recipe :
Prep time: 5-10 min
serves 4-5 people.
Cooking time : 15- 20 min
2 chickpeas can – drained and rinsed
2 small size Potatoes
1 Coconut milk can
300 ml Vegetable Stock
1 handful of Spinach (frozen / fresh/ baby)
2 tsp heaped Curry powder
1/2 inch Ginger – chopped
1 Onion- chopped
4-5 cloves Garlic- chopped
1/2 can Tomatoes
2 tsp Tomato paste
Salt as per taste
Red chili as per taste
1 tsp Turmeric
Stir Fry potatoes
- Boil potatoes . I boiled them in Microwave .
- Once cool, dice them.
- Now take a pan, add 1/2 tsp of oil to the pan and heat it followed by potatoes
- Stir gently. Add Salt , red chili and turmeric.
- Brown potatoes by gently mixing up with spices.
- Keep them aside.
Cook Main curry
- Take a pan, add 3 tsp of vegetable oil of your choice. Add ginger and garlic. Fry them little bit and add potatoes.
- Fry till onions are translucent. Now add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Fry them for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add Salt, red chili, turmeric and curry powder. Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and mix them well. Now add vegetable stock and coconut Milk.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add spinach and cook it for 1 minute uncovered.
- Now add stir fried potatoes and stir it nicely. Switch off the flame and curry is ready to serve,
Share your feedback and thoughts about this yummy and quick vegan curry.