Semolina chia seeds savory bites
Hello everyone, Here is my another recipe! Semolina chia seeds savory bites are the home made crisps which are mainly made of semolina. Semolina is healthier because it is granulated whole wheat. It is full of protein, fiber , vitamin B and other nutrients. It is good for all age group and definitely a very good food or snacking option for kids and weight watchers.
chia seeds are power pack seeds.They are considered as super food as loaded with antioxidants, high quality protein, omega 3 fatty acids and full of fiber.
Apart from chia seeds I added very small amount of flax seeds and walnuts as well. All in all, this is a guilt free snack with many healthy nutrients and tastes amazing.
This recipe can be made baked or fried. Both ways, it taste equally yum! The beauty of these bites are they are never drenched in oil when you fry them. They absorb just enough oil that is essential for frying.
When these bites are stored in air tight container, they remain fresh for a month.
So here is the recipe 🙂
250 gms fine Semolina
15-20 gms chia seeds powdered
1/2 tsp flax seeds grounded (optional)
10 gms grounded walnuts
1 tsp salt
15 ml olive oil/vegetable oil
water to knead dough
oil of your choice for frying
Chat masala to sprinkle over bites (optional)
- Take semolina in plate. Add chia seeds, walnuts, flax seeds , salt and mix well.
- Add olive oil and mix it well with hands. It would come out as a wet coarse mixture.
- Now add little water and start kneading the dough. Please note that add very little water at a time like 1 tsp at a time. Semoilna needs very less water for kneading.
- Once kneaded soft dough like pizza dough/ Chapati dough, cover it with damp muslin cloth or kitchen towel for 10-15 min.
- After 10-15 min of rest, the dough will be firm and little risen. Knead it for few seconds again.
- Now divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Take one part of the dough. make a shape of ball and roll it like chapati. Thin as shown in picture.
- Cut it in shape of your choice. i cut it in rectangular shape.
- Next step is either frying or baking as following:
- Take oil of your choice in pan. I used canola oil.
- let it heat. Please make sure not to heat oil to high temperature. The oil should be just hot enough to start frying.
- Put the bites in oil. and Fry them on low heat. Please note that frying should be on low heat so that bites become crispy.
- Make sure not to overload the pan.
- Once bites attain golden color. take them out on paper towel to drain out excess oil.
- Sprinkle chat masala on bites to give them flavor.
- let them cool at room temperature and store in air tight container.
- Take a baking tray and line it up with aluminium foil sheet and grease it.
- Now place the bites in tray
- preheat oven for just 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- bake them for 10 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden.
- Please note: They bake very quickly so keep an eye when you are baking.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback. I would love to hear from you guys!! Happy cooking 🙂