Egg less/Vegan whole wheat Banana fruity bread
Cakes and fruit breads bring smile on everyone’s face. Every occasion is incomplete without these delicious desserts. There wont be anyone who wouldn’t like to try a piece of cake , fruit bread, muffin or a cupcake. However, it can bring a feeling of guilt for eating unhealthy food because of wheat flour, amount of sugar and loads of calories that goes in them. We all are grown up with a believe (scientifically proven though) that wheat flour is not good for digestive system because of processing of a wheat flour and absence of wheat germ and wheat bran from it. That is the reason I preferred whole wheat flour in this recipe to make it more healthier and guilt free (Yay!!) .
This healthy bread has not only goodness of banana but also nutrition of dry fruits like dates, figs , raisins and crushed walnuts.You can add any dry fruit you like. Apart from that I have added very less sugar because banana , dates and figs gives natural sweetness to this bread. Sugar can always be adjusted as per own’s taste.
This bread is also good for kids and hence make it a good lunch box option. Apart from lunch boxes, it can be considered as picnic, hiking, camping and beach snack. It stays good for 2-3 days.
Here is the recipe 🙂
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
3-4 bananas ( 450 gms)
2/3 cup Olive oil
Sugar 2-3 tbsp (adjust as per your taste)
10 gms walnuts (crushed/ powdered)
10 pieces of Dates
10 gms raisins (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
- Take dates, figs and chop them finely.
- Crush the walnuts. I used mortar pestle. you can use electric grinder or a spice grinder whatever is available.
- Sieve dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) from ingredient list.
- Take a bowl . Add peeled bananas and mash them softly with a masher
- Add sugar. Mash it until sugar dissolves.
- Add olive oil and mix it very well.
- Add dry fruits to the mixture.
- Now add sifted dry ingredients to above wet mixture.
- Mix them softly. soft enough to just mix everything and do not mix it vigorously like we do in cakes.
- Take a bread loaf tin and grease it properly. Pour bread mix in the greased tin.
- Pre heat oven for 5-10 min on 180 degrees
- Bake your bread for 35 -40 min on 180 degrees.
Note: Please do not open the oven door before at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes , check bread by inserting tooth pick or knife in the center of bread. If the knife comes out clean, the bread is ready else bake for 5-10 minutes more.
13. Take out the bread. let it cool little bit before flipping the tin over plate.
Banana bread is ready to eat. my husband enjoy eating it warm. You can also try eating it warm and fresh. It tastes delicious.
If you try this recipe, please share your feedback. I would love to hear from you guys. Happy baking!!!!